http://www.epicnessa.com/wpinhere/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/FeelingStressedFeatureImage.jpg 1000 1000 Vanessa http://www.epicnessa.com/wpinhere/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/epic-nessa-logo-300x180.png Vanessa2016-11-20 20:34:352016-11-20 20:36:565 Ways I Deal With STRESS
These past few weeks have been quite STRESSFUL for me. With the quarter ending, projects began to pile onto my already full plate. I will admit, I had a few breakdowns that included crying my heart out. It’s not that I was doing awful at all. I just wanted that A so badly, that projects consumed my week. When I started to feel like I was shouldering too much anxiety or stress, I went to these five methods of stress relief, and the results were great!
- I go on a run- Every day after school, I grab my tennis shoes and run! I either go outside for some fresh air, or I hop on our treadmill for 30 minutes. I have found that this is an amazing stress reliever. I learned in school that working out releases endorphins, which improves your mood a lot. This is the number one thing I would recommend to deal with stress.
- This may sound silly, but I play with Silly Putty(lol punny)- When I can’t run, or I just don’t feel like it, I play with Silly Putty! It’s my sister’s, but she lets me use it. Just playing with this or other material like play dough and etc., has a calming effect on me. It may work for you!
- Coloring is for everyone!- If I start feeling anxious or stressed out from school, I doodle! I do it in the margins of my notes, which I do not recommend doing at all, it makes your notes look very messy. But what you could do is just grab a separate sheet of paper, or print out some coloring sheets you like to color on. I can multi-task, so this doesn’t bother me in school, but I also do it at home. (Please don’t ask for examples, I am a terrible artist lol)
- Laughter is the best medicine- Talking to someone about how I feel, and then asking them to cheer me up, works most of the time, especially if I ask my siblings. They are hilarious! Gwynn makes the best jokes, and Joseph’s very good at sound effects! Just TALKING about it is also an amazing method to get rid of anxiety.
- Do something you love- If you love knitting, watching Supernatural, cleaning(just random examples) then do it! Hobbies are another way that I deal with stress. For me, reading is an escape from stress, it gives me something else to concentrate on, instead of wallowing in stress/ anxiety.